Well we found out yesterday that my dear hubby got a job!! We are all so happy. I guess that is an understatement. We are thrilled. Over the moon! It is such a relief. We have been worried what would happen if I get put on bedrest and lose 40% of my salary. Plus it has been hard planning anything when his schedule is always up in the air. Now once he is all set we can figure out when to do the nursery and plan Sam's pre and post school care. Can you tell I am a planner? LOL
I also had a doctor appointment yesterday and got good news there too. The babies continue to thrive. Everyone keeps telling me I don't look big enough to be having twins. But the doctor assured me that they are the size and weight they should be. My belly measures at 29 weeks even though I am only 25. The heartbeats were 150 and 152/minute so all is well.
Last night Craig woke me up snoring. So I wake him and tell him to put on his sleep apnea machine. He told me "NO!" I was a bit pissed but rolled over and fell back to sleep. 2 minutes later he wakes me again snoring. Again, I wake him and am told no! So I go to the couch all angry and sleep there with the puppy. This morning my dear husband has the balls to ask me why I slept on the couch! Apparently he has no memory of this event taking place. So I punched him in the stomach. LOL Will this teach him not to talk in his sleep? No. But I felt better.
The puppy is getting bigger by the day. Her latest trick is climbing the baby gate we have blocking the steps. She actually put her paws in the squares and launched herself over it! So now we have to get an extra tall gate without the holes. This puppy can be exasperating! She is lucky she is cute.
Craig did a little experimental demolition on the nursery yesterday. I have to say that whoever built our house must have been a total amatuer. The wood behind the paneling (because they didn't use any drywall in the room at all!) was just hammered up there at varying intervals. Some are an inch apart, others 4 or so inches. And they stopped about 5 inches from the bottom of the floor and 4 from the ceiling . So there are huge spaces of nothingness behind the paneling. We need to do a total overhaul of the room. And we need to get moving since these kids are most likely coming in November!!
Sam started school and seems to be doing well so far. I hope this teacher stays nice and he thrives this year. New school, new schedule, new sister and brother on the way. It is a lot for him. For all of us actually. Change is good, right? Right???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
RIGHT, Kath. Change is good. And I've had similar arguments with my husband re the machine. though mine are mostly early in the morning not in the middle of the night. i'd beat him too :) congrats again!
Post a Comment