Tuesday, October 6, 2009

30 weeks 5 days

Went to the OB for my weekly check this afternoon. Got to see yet another doctor. He seemed nice and thorough. Tunrs out my blood pressure is going up. Which is not good news. He mentioned turning me into a couch potato if it gets higher. I could handle that I think. LOL So I got more bloodwork and will wait to see if there are markers for high blood pressure to go along with the reading today.

He also measured the belly and we are at about 38 weeks in size now - for a single baby. So considering that I have 2 babies growing they aren't concerned because I haven't gained any weight this week. But I feel huge...

Next week I start getitng non stress tests. These are basically monitors on the babies to see what the resting and playing heart beats are. These will be done weekly to make sure the babies are not under any stress.

He also mentioned that they would consider me full term if I make it to 35 weeks. He seemed to imply that if the BP goes up this may happen sooner rather than later. So I could be having these kids in 5 weeks!!!! I don't think I'm ready. I know the nursery sure isn't! LOL

In other news, our new TV and DVD player are getting installed tomorrow. I can't wait!! At least if they put me on bed rest then I will have some high quality TV watching! :) Plus the Eagles games in HD on the flat screeen will be awesome!!

My mom bought a new car yesterday. She is getting all prepared for the numerous trips up the blue route to come take care of the twins. How cute is that? Expensive but cute.

We have made some progress on the nursery fianlly. Craig and his brother put up the dry wall on Saturday. My brother and friend will be helping with the spackling, trim work, and rest of that stuff this Saturday. Hopefully this will go fast and we can get painting so we can buy the cribs etc. I just want this room done!!!

OK time to go lay on the couch some more. Yawn...

No comments: